The Lake St. Clair Tourism Initiative is a public/private, non-proﬁt association created to increase awareness, protect and develop the rich and diverse assets on and around this fresh water community.
The focus of the Initiative is:
- Educate and connect new and existing visitors about the many experiences offered by Lake St. Clair and the surrounding businesses and communities.
- Provide an umbrella of organizational, communications and advocacy support for existing merchants and business associations, business and civic organizations, municipalities and the individual users of the lake.
- Develop and promote a long term vision and plan for the continued and sustainable development of Lake St. Clair and its assets.
As a first step in this process, the Lake St. Clair Tourism Initiative seeks to create a dynamic and memorable communications program which builds condense and pride in the region by promoting a message of discovery/re-discovery of Lake St. Clair and its rich, varied and interesting destinations.
Who We Are:
The Initiative is currently led by a diverse think-tank that includes the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development, Michigan Boating Industries Association, industry leaders, non-proﬁt associations and stakeholder groups. The partners wish to include the views of all the communities, businesses and stakeholders into theassociation. Only by representing the whole of what Lake St. Clair has to offer will we be successfully communicating, protecting and developing all the amazing assets that make this freshwater community unique and enjoyable.
How to Get Involved:
There are many ways different parties and individuals can get involved:
- Municipality and District Representatives – If you are a community leader on the U.S. or Canadian shoreline we want to make contact with you to learn more about what the assets, events and plans within your community. We want to work to both populate our website with your content, but more importantly build the network of municipalities who’s livelihoods are tied to Lake St. Clair and the St. Clair and Detroit Rivers. We want to learn more about what you have going on to determine how we can better support your current and future plans.
- Businesses and Assets – The Initiative has developed an education and communications platform that is designed to better connect new and existing users to your offerings. The Initiative offers a tiered membership structure that will allow the smallest to largest business to participate and a level that is appropriate for your purposes.
- Existing and Future Users – A key way for individuals to get involved is to share with us and other users; their experiences, pictures, videos and suggestions though our website. We want to tap into the existing passionate users to educate new users about the many wonderful experiences waiting to be explored. The Initiative will also be looking to connect volunteers with different events and opportunities to support the lake.
- Associations & Civic Organizations – We are always looking for like minded partners with which to partner. If you have an event, program or plans in development reach out and let us know. The Initiative wants to learn about what you are doing, help communicate it with others and ultimately find ways to partner to improve the lake and its surrounding business, communities and assets.
To learn more or to reach out please contact Brad Simmons, Director of the Lake St. Clair Tourism Initiative.